AGREEMENT on COOPERATION
between the Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences
the Institute of Low Temperature Science, Hokkaido University
The Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (FEBRAS), represented by the Assistant to Chairman Professor Oleg Shcheka, and the Institute of Low Temperature Science, Hokkaido University, represented by Director Professor Takeo Hondoh, hereinafter referred to as "the Parties", have entered into the present Agreement as follows:
1. The Parties have agreed to establish the relations of a long-term scientific and technical cooperation, including joint scientific research, information and technologies exchange, professional training, and exchange of scientists and specialists on mutually beneficial basis, as well representation of interests in the realization of scientific and technical production.
2. The Parties shall aim at creation of the most favorable conditions, including the financial ones, for developing bilateral cooperation in the sphere of realization of the joint scientific and technological projects, organization of bilateral and multilateral scientific seminars, conferences and working meetings, joint exhibitions, as well as exchange of scientists and experts.
3. The use of intellectual property as a result of joint scientific activity shall be regulated in accordance with the national legislation of both Parties, and on the basis of bilateral agreements between the representatives of the Parties -joint project participants.
4. The Parties have expressed an intention to set up coordinators for the development of cooperation at the Presidium of Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences and at the Institute of Low Temperature Science, Hokkaido University for the implementation of the proposed provisions of the Agreement and coordination of joint activity.
5. The Parties shall carry out works in the framework of implementation of the present Agreement on the basis of annual plans adopted simultaneously with the approval of annual reports but not later than December 31 of each year.
6. Signed on February 29, 2004 in English. The present Agreement shall enter into force from the moment of signing.
Institute of Low Temperature Science, Hokkaido University
||On behalf of
Far Eastern Branch
of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Takeo Hondoh Oleg Shcheka